Saturday, June 30, 2007

MY COMMENT IN YMDB

My comment in Pasha Pavlyuts’ list in YMDB
http://www.shompy.com/beatpaul/l42574.html

I don’t have English subs for INDIA SONG. I watched this film when it was shown in a theatre at Alliance Francaise in Bangkok. The film I watched at that time had English subtitles.

If you have a chance to see INDIA SONG without English subtitles and wonder what the voiceover is all about, maybe you can search for the book INDIA SONG, written by Marguerite Duras, in some libraries or bookstores. I have read this book, which is a play, and find that what is said in the play is 60-70 % similar to what is said in the movie.

By the way, I’m glad to see IN MY SKIN (2002, Marina de Van) in your list. Taking a look at your list, I think you might like some poetic gloomy films. Have you seen any films by Aleksei Muradov? I have seen THE KITE (2002) and like it a lot. I think THE KITE might go well with Bela Tarr and Sharunas Bartas. Another gloomy film which I like very much is SOMBRE (1998, Philippe Grandrieux), which has been released as a DVD.

A photo from THE KITE (2002, Aleksei Muradov, A+)
http://www.cinema.bg/sff/2003/eng/movie.php?movieSid=16


No comments: