Monday, December 01, 2008

EVERY TIME I WENT TO BED

This is a part of an e-mail I sent to a friend:

How are you? I’m feeling better today, after I was depressed for the whole week because of the political crisis. This has been the longest week of my life. I have never experienced as much stress as this before. I’m still not sure what might happen tomorrow, but the probability that a civil war will happen soon seems to be lessened today. I think there is still a chance that a civil war will occur in Thailand, but maybe it will happen next year, not this week. Anyway, I have been predicting since May in my blog that Thailand will turn into Rwanda. So the situation right now is still better than expected, because the number of casualties here in Thailand is still less than in Rwanda.
http://celinejulie.blogspot.com/2008/05/which-films-represent-near-future-of.html

After a while, I learn to be able to live with the fact that a civil war will occur here. At first, I was afraid of this fact very much. But when I start to realize that if I don’t feel too much attached to my life, my money, or my belongings, I will not be afraid of the civil war. I think the political crisis has made me start to appreciate “the present moment” more than before. Last year, whenever I went to bed, I felt nothing. Last week, every time I went to bed, I felt very glad that I still had a bed to sleep on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard from someone (may be Nano guy) that last Saturday, Channel 7 just screen Alien VS Predator.

What a coincidence.

celinejulie said...

This is a part of what "Renegade Eye" posted in this comment section. I have censored something in his original comment for my own safety.:

Renegade Eye said...

I thought that was a powerful post.

I've been reading about the events in Thailand.

If I was there, I would support:

1) For the right to recall politician.
2) No politician make more $$, than the average worker.
3) Nationalize major industry. Factories to the workers, and land to peasants.
4) No censorship.


That's off the top of my head, some of the things I would support.

celinejulie said...

Vespertine and Renegade Eye, thank you very much for your comment. Renegade Eye, I hope you don’t mind that I have deleted something in your original comment. I have to do it for my own safety. :-)

Anonymous said...

กามันกลายเป็นสีขาวแล้วจริงๆ

Anonymous said...

แวะมาจี๊ดคุณ แบลคฟอเรสต์!

celinejulie said...

ฮิ ฮิ