Sunday, November 04, 2012


STUDENT OF THE YEAR (2012, Karan Johar, A+25)

There are at least four films this year that present some homoeroticism that I like very much:

1.SAVAGES (2012, Oliver Stone, A+)

2. ON THE ROAD (2012, Walter Salles, A+/A)

3.FIGHTING FISH (2012, Julaluck Ismalone, C)
The homoeroticism and the good look of the leading actor are two things that save this film from F.



celinejulie said...

STUDENT OF THE YEAR thrills me the same way as X-MEN: FIRST CLASS (2011, Matthew Vaughn). In these two films, I wait for the two leading actors to kiss each other.

celinejulie said...

I didn't notice the lesbian relationships between the female characters, but after a friend mentions it, I think it is true. I also like the homoerotic relationships between the dean and the coach very much.

I think the second female lead is more interesting than the lead girl. I think the lead girl and the temptress character in STUDENT OF THE YEAR are very stereotyped, while the second female lead is a strong-willed character who unexpectedly becomes important in the second part of the film.