Sunday, December 23, 2012

FROM CLOUD ATLAS TO THE AESTHETICAL RESISTANCE


FROM CLOUD ATLAS TO THE AESTHETICAL RESISTANCE

Last night we enjoyed talking about CLOUD ATLAS (2012, Tom Tykwer, Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski, A+), CHERNOBYL DIARIES (2012, Bradley Parker), and THE NERVOUS คฤหาสน์ซ่อนเพลิง (2012, Warit Deepisuti, A+30).

I haven't read the book CLOUD ATLAS, but the film is very entertaining for me. I guess the film isn't weighed down by the "boring moral concepts" like in the book.

Aesthetically, I don't know if THE NERVOUS คฤหาสน์ซ่อนเพลิง is good or not, but I much prefer this film to many Thai films which are aesthetically interesting. THE NERVOUS is my third most favorite Thai feature film I saw in 2012, while the first place went to THE BURNT-OUT STAR (ดาวที่ไหม้ไฟ) (2012, Teeranit Siangsanoh) and the second place went to RAHTREE SAWASDI (2012, Soraya Nakasuwan).

No comments: