Saturday, March 28, 2009

JULIA JENTSCH IS THE WINNER

My poll 50 ended with 7 votes. Thanks to everyone who participated in it. Here is the result:

I LOVE THESE ACTRESSES IN RECENT (GERMAN) FILMS. WHICH ACTRESSES DO YOU LIKE?

1.Julia Jentsch (SOPHIE SCHOLL: THE FINAL DAYS, THE EDUCATORS, GETTING MY BROTHER LAID)
She got 5 votes, or 71 %.

2.Alexandra Maria Lara (Romanian) (THE BAADER MEINHOF COMPLEX, CRAZY, THE READER, CONTROL)
+Martina Gedeck (THE BAADER MEINHOF COMPLEX, THE LIVES OF OTHERS)
+Sabine Timoteo (Swiss) (GESPENSTER, A FRIEND OF MINE)
+Sandra Hueller (REQUIEM)
Each of them got 3 votes, or 42 %.

6.Franka Potente (RUN LOLA RUN, IT’S A JUNGLE OUT THERE, AM I BEAUTIFUL?)
+Hannelore Elsner (NO PLACE TO GO, GO FOR ZUCKER!, CHERRY BLOSSOMS – HANAMI)
+Julia Hummer (GESPENSTER, THE STATE I AM IN, GIGANTIC)
+Juliane Koehler (NOWHERE IN AFRICA, ANNALUISE & ANTON)
+Lena Stolze (THE NASTY GIRL, AND ALONG COME TOURISTS, FORGIVENESS)
+Nina Hoss (YELLA, THE WHITE MASSAI)
Each of them got 2 votes, or 28 %.

12.Birgit Minichmayr (Austrian) (THE FAREWELL: BERTOLT BRECHT’S LAST SUMMER, CHERRY BLOSSOMS – HANAMI, YOU BET YOUR LIFE)
+Hannah Herzsprung (FOUR MINUTES, THE BAADER MEINHOF COMPLEX, THE READER)
+Johanna Wokalek (THE BAADER MEINHOF COMPLEX, BAREFOOT)
+Marie-Luise Schramm (GETTING MY BROTHER LAID)
+Marion Mitterhammer (Austrian) (PINGPONG, FREE RADICALS)
+Monica Bleibtreu (THE FAREWELL: BERTOLT BRECHT’S LAST SUMMER, FOUR MINUTES, AMEN)
+Nina Petri (AM I BEAUTIFUL?, RUN LOLA RUN, EMMA’S BLISS)
Each of them got 1 vote, or 14 %

19.Joerdis Triebel (EMMA’S BLISS)
+Nadja Uhl (THE BAADER MEINHOF COMPLEX, CHERRY BLOSSOMS – HANAMI, FOUR MINUTES)
Each of them got 0 vote.

--I like these actresses very much, so I voted for 16 of them, excluding Franka Potente, Joerdis Triebel, Julia Jentsch, and Nadja Uhl. I didn’t vote for Potente and Jentsch because they are famous. I didn’t vote for Joerdis Triebel, because I’m not sure if I love her performance in EMMA’S BLISS or not, but I’m sure I love “what her character does” in EMMA’S BLISS. And that means I’m more impressed by the screenplay of EMMA’S BLISS than by her performance.

--I didn’t vote for Nadja Uhl, because I think I haven’t seen her full potential yet. I only saw her in small roles in THE BAADER MEINHOF COMPLEX and CHERRY BLOSSOMS-HANAMI. I saw FOUR MINUTES, but I have forgotten about her role in this film. I think her acting is great in CHERRY BLOSSOMS-HANAMI, and her character in THE BAADER MEINHOF COMPLEX is very interesting. I want to call her “la belle dame sans merci” (the beautiful lady without pity) for her role as Brigitte Mohnhaupt in that film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Mohnhaupt

Before I saw THE BAADER MEINHOF COMPLEX, I hadn’t heard of Brigitte Mohnhaupt. I found this character very interesting because I think Thailand is full of people like her—people who believe they are doing the right things or doing the good things for mankind, but they use extremely wrong means to achieve their ends. Think about those Thai terrorists/fascists called PAD who seized the airports last year.

Somehow I think Sophie Scholl and Brigitte Mohnhaupt may be two sides of the same coin. They thought they devoted their lives for the right things or for the benefits of other people. But Sophie Scholl used the right means to achieve the right ends, while Brigitte Mohnhaupt used extremely wrong means. It’s extremely sad that Thailand is full of people like Brigitte Mohnhaupt, but lacks people like Sophie Scholl. But that’s very understandable. Thailand is a country which has no freedom of speech. If you speak what you really think about some topics, you will be imprisoned.

I am not Sophie Scholl. I’m the opposite of her, because I am a very coward person. I dare not speak the truth like her. I think what I’m doing now is just like those characters in THE PARTY AND THE GUESTS (1966, Jan Nemec) who try to survive by obeying the fascist regime.

No comments: