Saturday, August 14, 2010

SOCIAL EFFECTS (2010, Samart Somboon, A+)

This is my comment in Filmsick's Facebook:

HEAVEN (สวรรค์) (Nattawut Poonpiriya, A+/A) is the film that you like very much. It stars foreign actors. It is about a woman who committed suicide. Then her ghost meets the ghost of a man who had been dead in the same room before her.

If I remember it correctly, HYPNOTIZE (สะกดจิตร) (Nattawut Praphongs, A+/A) is an animation about TV which hypnotizes the viewers. It ends with TV showing a zombie film near a coffin. And the power of the TV can resurrect the corpse in the coffin.

SOCIAL EFFECTS (สังคมสร้างความรู้สึก) (Samart Somboon, A+) is adapted from Win Leowarin's story, if I remember it correctly. The film is divided into three parts. The first part is about a Taxi driver who tries very hard to save money to buy a mobile phone for his daughter, but his daughter rejects it because it is not trendy. The second part is about a poor construction worker whose life is ruined because he was hit by a car. He can hardly walk now, but his son makes a crutch for him. The third part is about a car driver who is deceived by a group of beggar children. In the end, the three stories are connected.

0 (สูญ) (Sutthipong Kumhorm, A+) is an animation which I don't fully understand. I just remember that it has the image of an atomic bomb and the image of a tree which is worshipped by many people. I can't remember now why I gave it A+ after I just saw it. Maybe I gave it A+ because it makes me think that everything is going to return to zero. Everything cannot last and will be destroyed sooner or later.

No comments: