Thursday, June 05, 2008

RUDE AWAKENING (1980, A+++++)

This is my comment in Girish Shambu’s blog:
http://www.girishshambu.com/blog/2008/06/cinema-revulsion.html

As for Hammer Studio, I highly recommend RUDE AWAKENING, starring Denholm Elliot. It is an episode in a tv series called HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR (1980), which is available as a four-disc dvd box set. RUDE AWAKENING is included in disc one. I watched RUDE AWAKENING when I was a little child, and haven’t forgotten it for the past 25 years or so. I love the storytelling structure of this TV episode very much. I’m not sure how I will feel if I watch it again. But judging from my first impression, it is totally great.



3 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

You have incredible film knowledge.

celinejulie said...

Thank you very much for your kind words. I also would like to tell you that the information in your blog about Argentine films by Grupo Alavio is very interesting. I had never heard about this group of films before.

filmvirus said...

อยากดูเรื่องนี้จัง หนังแฮมเมอร์ยุคหลัง ๆ พี่ไม่ค่อยมีโอกาสได้ดู นอกจาก To the Devil a Daughter ชื่อนี้หรือเปล่า ที่นาตาชา คินสกี้แสดง แต่รูปที่จิตรลงน่าดู ชอบบรรยากาศหลุมศพ