Tuesday, August 05, 2008

FAVORITE SONGS WITH FAMOUS NAMES

After watching ANNA KARINA EYES, Matthew Hunt commented in this blog and mentioned some songs with famous names in it. Thanks a lot to Matthew for his recommendations.


1.WHERE DO YOU GO TO, MY LOVELY?

Performed by Peter Sarstedt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpw4tYMM-c

“You talk like Marlene Dietrich
And you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire
Your clothes are all made by Balmain
And there's diamonds and pearls in your hair

You live in a fancy apartment
Of the Boulevard of St. Michel
Where you keep your Rolling Stones records
And a friend of Sacha Distel

You go to the embassy parties
Where you talk in Russian and Greek
And the young men who move in your circle
They hang on every word you speak, yes I do...

But where do you go to my lovely
When you're alone in your bed
Tell me the thoughts that surround you
I want to look inside your head, yes I do...

I've seen all your qualifications
You got from the Sorbonne
And the painting you stole from Picasso
Your loveliness goes on and on, yes it does

When you go on your summer vacation
You go to Juan-les-Pines
With your carefully designed topless swimsuit
You get an even suntan, on your back and on your legs

When the snow falls you're found in St. Moritz
With the others of the jet-set
And you sip your Napoleon Brandy
But you never get your lips wet
But where do you go to my lovely
When you're alone in your bed
(Won't you) Tell me the thoughts that surround you
I want to look inside your head, yes I do

You're in-between twenty an thirty -
A very desirable age
Your body's firm and inviting
But you live on a glittering state

Your name is heard in high places
You know the Aga Khan
He sent you a racehorse for Christmas
And you keep it just for fun, for a laugh ahaha

They say that when you get married
It'll be to a millionaire
But they don't realize where you came from
And I wonder if they really care, they give a damn

Where do you go to my lovely
When you're alone in your bed
Tell me the thoughts that surround you
I want to look inside your head

I remember the back streets of Naples
Two children begging in rags
Both touched with a burning ambition
To shake off their lowly brown tags, yes they try

So look into my face Marie-Claire
And remember just who you are
Then go and forget me forever
But I know you still bear the scar, deep inside, yes you do

I know where you go to my lovely
When you're alone in your bed
I know the thoughts that surround you
`Cause I can look inside your head”


2.BETTY DAVIS EYES
Performed by Kim Carnes, Directed by Russell Mulcahy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJodT1nvYqw

“Her hair is Harlow gold,
Her lips sweet surprise
Her hands are never cold
She's got Bette Davis eyes

She'll turn her music on
You won't have to think twice
She's pure as New York snow
She got Bette Davis eyes


And she'll tease you
She'll unease you
All the better just to please you
She's precocious
And she knows just what it
Takes to make a pro blush

She got Greta Garbo Stand off
sighs,
she's got Bette Davis eyes


She'll let you take her home
It whets her appetite
She'll lay you on her throne
She got Bette Davis eyes

She'll take a tumble on you
Roll you like you were dice
Until you come out blue
She's got Bette Davis eyes


She'll expose you
When she snows you
Off your feet with the crumbs she throws you
She's ferocious
And she knows just what it Takes
to make a pro blush
All the boys Think she's a spy,
She's got Bette Davis eyes ”



As for my favorite songs with famous name, it includes BRAKHAGE by Stereolab.

BRAKHAGE by Stereolab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJodT1nvYqw

“We need so damn many things
To keep our dazed lives going
Many things, to keep our lives
Lives going, so many things
We need so damn many things
(We need so damn, we need so damn many things)
To keep our stupid lives going
(To keep our stupid, keep our stupid lives going)
Many things to keep our lives
(To keep our lives, to keep our lives, many things)
Lives going, so many things
(So many things, so many things, lives going)
We can be bound, run around
(We can be bound, we can be bound, run around)
Fooled animal bite its tail
(Fooled animal, fooled animal, bite its tail)
Animal, he has been bound
(He has been bound, he has be bound, animal)
Run around, around and 'round

('Round and around, 'round and around, run around)”

7 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

hi there, I just found your blog, great to see the song lyrics, they can provide all sorts of inspiration, Catherine :)

celinejulie said...

Ah, I love teddy bears. The teddy bears in your blog are very lovely. :-)

Matthew Hunt said...

As you mention BRAKHAGE, I'll mention another song named after a director: STANLEY KUBRICK by Mogwai; it's an instrumental, so there are no lyrics, but it does have a cool/weird video inspired by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.

Mat.

celinejulie said...

I regret I haven’t seen 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY yet. But I knew from Mixmag magazine a few months ago that the song CLAUSTROPHOBIC STING by The Prodigy has the sentence “MY MIND IS GOING”, which comes from 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvoIiEcc8cw

Matthew Hunt said...

Interesting. I hadn't heard of that song before, but I like many Prodigy tracks. Also, the album The Man Who by Travis is dedicated to Kubrick, but there are no lyrical references though.

celinejulie said...

I think my most favorite Prodigy's song is CHARLY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH7xdFUwAVY

Matthew Hunt said...

Yes, mine too.

Mat.