Friday, December 14, 2018

LOST IN A BORGESIAN LABYRINTH (2018, David King, Australia, 7min, A+30)



LOST IN A BORGESIAN LABYRINTH (2018, David King, Australia, 7min, A+30)

This film makes me feel as if it is a Zen riddle. Hahaha. The film is very thought-provoking for me. It presents a man walking through a scrubland, and it seems the film tries to connect a scrubland or nature with an infinite library. The film also refers to literary works by Jorge Luis Borges and Italo Calvino, which I know nothing about. I have no idea what this film means or tries to say. It does not try to say something simple like, “Nature is a vast source of knowledge.”, or “To read a book is to travel to unknown places.” What is the link between a scrubland and a library? I don’t know. But at least the film can me think, though I cannot find any answers. As puzzling as a Zen riddle.


No comments: