Tuesday, March 09, 2010

WHO ARE YOU (2010, Pakphum Wongjinda, A+++++)

WHO ARE YOU (2010, Pakphum Wongjinda, A+++++),

A SERIOUS MAN (2009, Ethan Coen + Joel Coen, A+++++),

WE (1969, Artavadz Peleshian, A+++++),

DEN MUSO (1975, Souleymane Cissé, A+++++),

LA PASSANTE DU SANS SOUCI (1981, Jacques Rouffio, A+),

HACHIKO: A DOG'S STORY (2009, Lasse Hallström, A+),

TRACKING THE WHITE REINDEER (2008, Hamid Sardar, A+),

THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH (2010, Nir de Volff, A+/A)

GREY AREA (2010, Dujdao Vadhanapakorn & Nophand Boonyai, A+/A)

THE MUSIC TEACHER (1988, Gérard Corbiau, A+/A),

DEAR JOHN (2010, Lasse Hallström, A/A-)

DAYBREAKERS (2009, The Spierig Brothers, A-)

JOLLY RANGERS (2010, Note Chernyim, A-)

NIJ (1983, Pagorn Promwituck, B+)

THE BOOK OF ELI (2010, Albert Hughes + Allen Hughes, B+)

WHO ARE YOU may not be a good film, but this is just the kind of films I love. There are many flaws in the film, but there are also many personal reasons why I love it.

1 comment:

celinejulie said...

This is my reply to my friends in Facebook:

@Graiwoot, I'm not sure I understand A SERIOUS MAN, but it accidentally make me think about a Buddhist teaching that "Only suffering occurs, continues, and ends." (มีแต่ความทุกข์เท่านั้นที่เกิดขึ้น ตั้งอยู่ และดับไป). I also don't understand anything about the Schrödinger's cat.

One thing I like in A SERIOUS MAN is that it accidentally complements UP IN THE AIR. UP IN THE AIR seems to preach that a single life is a lonely life. A SERIOUS MAN shows us that a family life is hell.


@Wiwat, about WHO ARE YOU, I'm not sure if I like the ending of this film or not. I think Sinjai should be killed, not alive. But her being alive keeps me imagining about the sequel of this film. This film corresponds a lot to my fantasy universe.

I like the Gollum and the Other Girl very much, too. At first I didn't understand the existence of the Other Girl, but Madame Noinong thinks that the real girl is dead, so her mother joins the cult and creates the Other Girl to live with her.

In my imaginary sequel, while Sinjai is confined in a mental hospital, she happens to watch FALLING SKY (2002, Gunnar Vikene, A+), and realizes that if she trains her mental power to be strong enough, she can walk through walls like the ball in FALLING SKY. That's how she escapes from the mental hospital.