Friday, January 18, 2013

SOMEONE ELSE'S PLACE (2012, Naraid Kuapunyakoon, A+15)


SOMEONE ELSE'S PLACE (2012, Naraid Kuapunyakoon, A+15)


I don't understand what the characters say, but I still like this film very much. I don't know who the guy in black is, but I imagine he might be:

1. A wandering spirit who stumbles upon this house

2. A spirit who came with the thing the family brought from a foreign country

3. A man in the future who looks into the past of this house

4. A representation of a tourist's experience

5. A representation of an immigrant's experience

6. A representation of a film viewer's experience

7. A representation of an outsider's experience

Maybe if I understand what the characters say, I might not have imagined something like this. Hahaha. Anyway, I like the stillness of the camera and the staging of the scenes in this film.




No comments: