Tuesday, September 03, 2013

MOST FAVORITE HYPNOTIC FILMS

 
MOST FAVORITE HYPNOTIC FILMS หนังสะกดจิตร
 
(in alphabetical order)
 
1.[…….] (2012, Teeranit Siangsanoh, 34.32min)
 
2.AFTERNOON (2005, Poopaan Sornwismongkol)
 
3.AUTOHYSTORIA (2007, Raya Martin, Philppines, 95min)
 
4.BEAU TRAVAIL (1999, Claire Denis)
 
5.BIRTH OF THE SEANEMA (2004, Sasithorn Ariyavicha)
 
6.THE CORRIDOR (1995, Sharunas Bartas, Lithuania, 85min)
 
7.FROM THE EAST (1993, Chantal Akerman, documentary)
 
8.GAZE AND HEAR สายตา รับฟัง (2010, Nontawat Numbenchapol, 10min)
 
9.I FORGOT THE TITLE (2009, Christelle Lheureux)
 
10.INDIA SONG (1975, Marguerite Duras)
 
11.KALYI (1993, Fred Kelemen, Germany, 75min)
 
12.A LISTENER’S TALE (2007, Arghya Basu, India, 76min)
 
13.MAE NAK (1997, Pimpaka Towira, 33min)
 
14.ORACLE (2009, Sebastian Diaz Morales, 11min)
 
15.PERU TIME กู่ก้องบอกรักนิรันดร (2008, Chaloemkiat Saeyong, 18min)
 
16.PHANTOM LOVE (2007, Nina Menkes, 87min)
 
17.PISCINE (2002, Jean-Baptiste Bruant + Maria Spangaro)
 
18.PSYCHOHYDROGRAPHY (2010, Peter Bo Rappmund, 63min)
 
19.RUHR (2009, James Benning, 120min)
 
20.SPIDER (2011, Tossaphol Boonsinsukh, 17min)
 
21.SWEETHEART GARDEN มธุรส (2009, Tanatchai Bandasak, 22min)
 
22.TOTEM (2001, Maïder Fortuné, France, 10min)
 
23.VACANCY (1999, Matthias Müller, Germany/Brazil)
 
24.WINDOWS (1999, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 17min)
 
25.ZOETROPE (2011, Rouzbeh Rashidi, Ireland, 73min)
 
INDIA SONG (1975, Marguerite Duras), which is one of my most favorite films of all time, will be screened at Thammasat University Library at 1230hrs on Sunday, September, 8.
 
I wrote a comment on INDIA SONG in 2001 at IMDB.COM. You can read it here:
 
This film transcends everything.
19 January 2001 | by (Bangkok, Thailand) – See all my reviews
 
I was completely hypnotized and paralyzed while seeing this film. The first time I saw it, I was so deeply moved that I couldn't even move my fingers, let alone any other parts of my body. I sat very still and tried to breathe as quietly as possible. This film has a profound effect on my state of mind. It seems to be beyond any definitions, any explanations, any limits, any boundaries. There is nothing ordinary from the first image to the last image. Nearly every image in this movie makes my heart want to stop beating:the sunset, the shadow on the ground, the smoke lingering in the air, the ballroom, the mirror, etc. "Time" and "space" in this movie were transformed into something undescribeable. Every movement of Delphine Seyrig is sublime. Nearly every shot, scene, and detail of each scene, is full of a kind of feeling--and I hardly get this kind of feeling from other movies. I'm not even sure if I should call it "feeling." But it's full of "something" very strong, something that I feel, but that something is very different from "feelings" I usually experience. The music is very beautiful, but it is the voice-over in this movie which brought me to the strange and unique state of consciousness, and uplift this movie to the realm of the unknown. The voice of the crazy woman in this movie somehow makes me think about the radio announcement of murderers in "Nathalie Granger." I have seen "India Song" in a cinema here four times but I still can't get enough of it. This movie is my friend's most favorite film of all time and it is one of my top ten favorites,too.
 
 

No comments: