Saturday, August 04, 2012

THE DREAM ASSEMBLY POINT (1995, Issariya Jarupun)

Haden Guest: And what about your interest in writing your characters? All of your films are set during or just after college. Why are you drawn to characters of that age?

Whit Stillman: Well, as the development executives in Los Angeles will tell you, those are "crossroad years"--the college years and just over, when people are making decisions about their identities, their lives and their careers. And that's more interesting. It interests much older people such as myself or even younger people, 12-, 13-, and 14-year-olds.

From the interview with Whit Stillman in Film Comment magazine, May/June 2012

What Whit Stillman said makes me think about one of my most favorite Thai TV series of all time--THE DREAM ASSEMBLY POINT จุดนัดฝัน (around 1995, Issariya Jarupun), which deals with a group of friends who face many problems in their lives after graduating from a college. I regret it that I didn't have a chance to watch the whole series. I only watched a few episodes of it and I like it very much.

I'm very glad to find out that the opening and the ending titles of this TV series are now available in Youtube. The song DREAM WORLD by Mai Charoenpura is also one of my most favorite TV soundtrack songs of all time.

"กว่าชีวิตจะพ้นไปอีกวัน
อีกกี่ความฝัน ที่ฉันจะไขว่คว้า
อีกกี่คำถามที่รอคอยการค้นหา
แล้วถึงรู้ว่ามันไม่มีจริง"

"กว่าจะรู้ชีวิตคืออะไร
กว่าจะรู้หัวใจคงอ่อนล้า
เฝ้ารอความฝัน ให้ตกตะกอนช้าช้า
เพื่อให้ฝันชัดเจน และเป็นจริง"




No comments: